Universal Dork

Live Action Quicksilver vs. Quicksilver vs. Flash!!! by petersaturday

Today we got a sneak peak at some pictures of The Avengers: Age of Ultron Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. There was some serious outrage there on The X-Men: Days of Future Past version of our favorite speedster-I can’t say I was too impressed with him! So we now get a look at the Whedon version, who to me looks kinda like a regular dude with some fancy Nike running shirt on. So I can’t say he looks great, I can’t say that he looks like a complete D-bag, well maybe a little. But first lets refresh our memories of what Quicksilver really looks like:

quicksilvercomic

Here’s another older Quicksilver pic, by the master John Byrne:

Quicksilver by Jarrett Williams

Now let’s refresh our memory with the dip shit rollerblader from 2001 Evan Peters’ Quicksilver, wow I’m still amazed at how fucking stupid he looks:

xmendofpcover2

Now the new pic of  Avengers: average Joe too much hydrogen peroxide hair Nike neighborhood jogger dude Aaron Taylor-Johnson version:

Celebrity Sightings

What do you think? Is the Avengers version better? I’ll have to say yes, though it’s far from wowing me. Personally I’d have to say this one here impresses me most! DC wins this time with a great looking live action rendition of their own speedster The Flash!!

First Shots Of Grant Gustin Wearing 'The Flash' Costume

Hell, DC’s 1990 version of The Flash looks better than both of the Quicksilvers! This guy really looks like the Flash! And he’s got a huge bulge!! Way to go again DC!

flash_starlog

What do YOU think?!!

About these ads

6 Comments so far

the flash uniform look like a crap, the color is horrible!

Comment by Vedrana

Do you like the 1990 version better? It’s a lot better than I expected honestly!

Comment by petersaturday

the 1990 version was good for his time,the problem with the actual uniform is definitely the color and the background of the symbol . Maybe the problem is with me i think Flash is to great to be “only” in a tv show and Quicksilver (i like him too) be in 2 differents movies.

Comment by Vedrana

The new Flash costume is terrible. I mean, it looks OK, but if you have ever run for any length of time, you wouldn’t do it in leather. And I know that the actor wearing the costume will probably not doing much running without the assistance of special effects.

That being said, it’s still terrible from a logic perspective.

I’m putting my money on Quicksilver (Joss Whedon version). It looks functional and doesn’t add much in the way of bulk, which is what a runner would want.

Unlike the Flash (new CW version) who’s costume looks like it adds somewhere between five and ten pounds of bulk.

Comment by Brian McNeal

i have to disagree the Whedon Quicksilver looks uninspired, at least both Flashes attempt to give us a version like the comic books.

Comment by petersaturday

I don’t think that you can really tell yet how Whedon Quicksilver looks yet till we see it either in a commercial or the movie.

The shots from the production–and they’re not even good shots, for that matter–make it look like little more than a shirt with lightning on it.

But what I have noticed from “The Avengers” is that the costumes look significantly better when photographed properly.

My money is still on Whedon’s Quicksilver.

Comment by Brian McNeal